The lunge is a great functional exercise to use to strengthen your legs, especially your muscles around your knees, for everyday activities. It is important to know how to do your lunges correctly though, so you don’t end up putting unwanted strain on your knee joints and do more harm than good.
This video will walk you through the steps to do the most basic lunge, the stationary lunge. This is the type of lunge that you will want to start with if you are just beginning so you can get the correct form for a lunge.
The key components of doing a lunge correctly that this video shows are:
1) Start with one leg out in front of you at a comfortable distance where you can maintain your balance and be able to lower yourself down to perform the lunge.
2) When you lower yourself, go as straight down as possible rather than moving forward.
3) Keep the knee of your front leg behind the toes of your front foot.
4) When you lower yourself down, keep your chest up and keep looking forward.
5) Perform the entire movement slowly and with control.
Start off doing 10 repetitions with one leg, then switch to the other leg.
Once you’ve built up some strength in your legs and you feel comfortable with you lunge form, try a few different versions of the lunge that can be found in this video: https://youtu.be/5wb_R09tujo
Also, once you’re ready you can give this 4 minute leg-toning workout a try: https://youtu.be/suKWN2EOmDI
Subscribe for more workouts and tips: http://goo.gl/sxLYmP
Additional fitness tips: http://goo.gl/vFWbTL
Quick workouts: http://goo.gl/mj1b0C
http://www.Bowflex.com – Find all the fitness solutions you’ll ever need to get on your way to being a healthier you.
http://www.BowflexInsider.com – Head to the Bowflex Insider blog to read the latest in all things related to fitness and health and find simple ways to start losing weight.
Connect with us and socialize with other Bowflex enthusiats:
Tweets by Bowflex